Open topic with navigation
General drag and drop functionality
- Drag and drop is available in revision screen to assign or unassign shifts
- Providers from the statistics table and either assigned or unassigned shifts in the calendar can be dragged and dropped onto shifts in the calendar. Split shifts in the calendar cannot be dragged.
- Dropping the provider/shift onto a shift assigns the target shift. The dragged shift is unassigned (the provider is 'moved' from the dragged shift to the drop target).
- If an assigned shift is dropped onto an assigned shift, the target shift is unassigned.
- When either a provider or an assignment is dragged, the corresponding provider is selected in either the first or second provider selector. By default, the selection applies to the first provider selector. If the 'shift' key is pressed when starting to drag a provider or shift, the selection applies to the second provider selector.
Modifier key available when dragging in a provider name from the provider statistics table
- 'L': locks the assignment
Modifier keys available when dragging in a provider name from a shift in the calendar
- 'L': lock the assignment; however, the shift dragged is unassigned, 'L' is not available.
- 'C': assigns the same provider to the target shift as is assigned to the dragged shift
- 'S': swaps the providers assigned to the dragged shift and the target shift. No confirmation (e.g., can't do or conflict) is displayed before the assignments a swapped.
- 'L' and be combined with either 'C' or 'S' resulting in locked assignments. If both 'C' and 'S' are pressed, the assignment will be performed as a 'Copy' (i.e., 'S' is ignored).